Please bring us reading and textbooks appropriate for ages Pre-K through Grade 12 — plus college texts published after 2010. We will find good homes for them. Books must be in good condition. Our highest priority is children’s literature and informational books for kids. The value of your book donations is tax-deductible. Individuals, please bring books in easy to handle (not too big) strong boxes or strong bags (no plastic). SCHOOLS: PLEASE SEE GUIDELINES FOR DELIVERY, INCLUDING BOXING GUIDELINES. Please email us if you have any questions. Thank you!
We are always happy to receive:
- K-12 textbooks published after 2005 (EXCEPT: no other foreign language besides Spanish)
- Pre-K-12 library books: children/youth reading
- Classical literature
- Classroom sets (paperback or hardback) of junior literature
- Early childhood picture books and readers
- New student workbooks (unused)
- Teacher editions (only if you are bringing accompanying texts)
- Publishers’ samples of textbooks and workbooks
- Encyclopedia sets: World Book Encyclopedias (complete sets only) published after 2005 and complete sets of children’s encyclopedias. No other encyclopedias of any publisher, any year.
- Dictionaries; atlases if published after 2000
- College and graduate-level texts published 2010 or after
Please do not bring us:
- Tests, lesson plans, teacher-created worksheets
- College or graduate level texts published before 2010
- Encyclopedias except World Book or children’s encyclopedias as described above
- Adult reading in the categories of: politics, philosophy, current affairs, history, biography, cook books
- Adult leisure reading of these categories: self-help, “how-to” or money-making books, diet/health books, gardening, almanacs, coffee-table books, religion, real estate, law books, books about TV, movies, military, pornography, terror or joke books, fiction “best-sellers”
- Video tapes, filmstrips, audio visual or computer equipment
P.S. Our needs can change depending on where and when we are doing shipments. You are most welcome to send us a note (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check on our situation at any given time.